GARAGE SALES AND KALEIDESCOPES

The garage sales this year seem to never end. Tyler and Hannah love going with to the sales and they have even gotten so when they see a sign they yell GARAGE SALE and want you to check it out. If I have anything new in the house, Hannah's first question is, Grammy did you get that from a garage sale?
Well last week I found a china hutch that was made for my dining room. I didn't have the checkbook with me so I called Jim.
Deb: Hi, where are you?
Jim: On my way to town, its raining and lightning so I had to quit working. Why?
Deb: Well could you swing by 4th Street. I need your checkbook.
Jim: Why?
Deb: Well I kinda bought something at a garage sale and don't have enough cash on me.
Is the trailer empty at home?
Jim: What did you buy this time?

Here it is, my new china hutch that I've waited 30 years to get. We decided it was our 30 year anniversary gift, just a couple weeks early.


As I was deciding what to put on the shelves, I came across my kaleidescope that I bought at Warrens years ago. I picked it up, looked into the end, and the next ten minutes were spent enjoying all the beautiful scenes inside. I've always loved kaleidescopes. My next thought was how I wanted everyone else to see too so the next ten minutes were spent figuring out how to change the camera settings to get a good picture.

Here are a couple of my favorites.




It's amazing how fast time goes by when you're having fun!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love your china hutch! It's different than I imagined it to be. You should post some pictures of dad hobbling on his crutches!
love, Tabby