Purses, Pedicures and..........work?

We are on the first stop of our vacation, Red Oak, Iowa. We woke up this morning to hot and sticky weather. I'm not sure what the high temp was today but hot would describe it well.
The guys were off this morning to tear some machinery apart so Patsy and I decided it was a good day to spend on the square doing some intense shopping. After trying on clothes for ourselves it was time to dress up our Miche bags. We each picked out a new "cover". Aren't they just so cute?
After meeting the guys for lunch it was off to the mall for pedicures and manicures. This was a first for me.

We did beat the guys home. They had a great day too. Lots of grease, dirt and sweat.


They came home dirty and hungry. We came home clean, nails done and with some sassy purses. Now that's what I call a good day.

Comments

jules said…
Sounds perfect to me....
Suzie Q said…
Hurry up and get to Colorado!!

I like that red purse...
Angie Vik said…
You sound relaxed and like you're enjoying yourself. Which is what should happen on vacation. Well done.
Mom said…
A little babying for yourself!! Good!! Long overdue-- now Melissa sounds like she is getting impatient- I know you are there now so she is happy too. Tell her and Gary Hi for us. We checked your lawn today when we went to Perkinstown, looks like Joni is taking care of it!! ha ha Joni