The Pond Gets a Dock

 4th weekend 033

The July 4th weekend was a busy one for us.  All of our girls and their families were home visiting and the house was bursting at the seams with people, dogs, laundry and shoes.  The shoes were everywhere.  Otis thought he was in shoe heaven.  Joni and Bob were enjoying some alone time in the sun when Otis and I went to intrude on their conversation.

4th weekend 035

The goal for Saturday was to install the dock on the pond.  Lumberjack had the dock and poles all ready  but he needed to know how deep it was 24 feet from shore, which is how far the dock would go out.  He pondered about how to get out there and measure the depth.  I suggested getting his boat out and paddling out there.  He thought I should just float on the innertube  out there and drop a weighted line for him.  Hah! I was busy doing all the stuff a person does when they have 1200 people in their house. Well maybe not that many but it sure seemed like it.  So I suggested getting Kiana to help him out. 

4th weekend 036

He gave her a ice fishing pole with a weighted line and then gave her the end of a tape measure.  Then told her to paddle out until she was at 24 feet and drop the line down.  I had stuff to do but this was so entertaining I couldn’t go back to the house.

4th weekend 037

Kiana was the hero of the day!  She was my hero because I did not want to go out on that tube.

4th weekend 038

4th weekend 040

How many guys does it take to put a dock in the water?  A whole bunch of them.  There was lots of manpower around here and they all did their part. 

4th weekend 061

Except this guy.  He was a slacker.  Maybe it had something to do with him having back surgery the day before.

4th weekend 053

It’s getting closer!

4th weekend 057

Yeah its in the water!

4th weekend 064

And then the jumping began.

Comments

Angie Vik said…
That looks like so much fun. Looks live everyone enjoyed themselves. Loved your comment about your dog being in shoe heaven. Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer.
jules said…
That looks like it was a pretty smooth process. Was it or does this series of pics just make it look that way?
Deb said…
It was not such a smooth process, actually took two days of work but I didn't want to bore everyone with that many pics. Well worth it though, the kids love it.
Tabby said…
That explains the pictures I saw of Kiana....I thought she was just fishing from her tube!
Anonymous said…
Your pond looks perfect now! Your grandkids I am sure love it. Suziqrod